View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd June 2008
New User

Default Interesting

Thanks for those pointers. I think that I will try to get my installs going via ftp until I am reasonably sure that they will work with a cd iso.

Even with the -p option in place, I don't see my install.site script working. These are the direct contents, maybe I am missing something obvious:

pkg_add libiconv
pkg_add gettext
pkg_add vim
pkg_add nano
pkg_add pftop
pkg_add bash

I stripped it down, just because it wasn't working. The various packages are in the same directory.

I know that it should run near the last stages of the install, but it simply does not. What does happen, is the contents of the site43.tgz are simply dumped into my root directory: nice, but not at all what I wanted. Ie, if, from the initial reboot after the install, I can use these commands:

cd /
sh install.site

and everything runs, etc. All the changes that I want (at this point as you can see, I am just settling for files) are then performed.

There are no folders in the zipped file, there were, but I took them out on the off chance that that was causing it not to work. I would really love to get this custom install going, I love the OpenBSD project, I love its ability to be a transparent firewall, but maybe I am just being obtuse about something, missing something basic. Thanks for all the help so far! Has somebody actually done this that could give a quick and dirty way that they got it working? Thanks again!