View Single Post
Old 13th July 2014
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
You've status success with installation, here, an above you've stated you have not succeeded.
On a single day today, I installed and reinstalled OpenBSD at least 3 times.

The first time was successful, as you have pointed out correctly. OpenBSD was able to detect my NIC. It was when I used the entire SSD for OpenBSD.

The second and subsequent times were unsuccessful: OpenBSD was unable to auto-configure DHCP for me. I noticed that the first primary partition was used for Ubuntu and I wanted to install OpenBSD to the second primary partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
And, please allow me to level-set this one more time, with what I hope is greater clarity:This is false, as agreed in the settlement between Unix Systems Laboratories and the Regents of the University of California 20 years ago.
Thanks for the education. I really appreciate it.

But in the mind of the populace, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Debian, Ubuntu, ArchLinux, Gentoo, Mandriva, etc....are all considered to be Linux OSes. Sometimes computer magazine reviewers and bloggers even use the term *nix operating systems to refer to OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat, lumped together.