View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th April 2009
Port Guard

Default Xorg 7.3 -> 7.4 config problems

I'm having a bit of trouble getting xorg 7.4 going under FreeBSD 7. Video chipset is Radeon X800 (R430); card has one DVI out (which I'm using) and one VGA out. I can't seem to get any sort of display. Running 'X' switches to the new VTY, but nothing else happens--just a blank screen with only my LCD backlight. I don't need to use the <ctrl> key to switch to a console VTY, just <alt><Fx>, which struck me as odd and makes me think that something else "important" isn't happening.

My xorg.conf was auto-generated by 'X -configure'. I couldn't find anything relevant by googling. I did find in xorg.conf(5) a reference to Option "Monitor-<input>", so I added
Code:
Option "Monitor-DVI-0" "Monitor0"
and that seemed to help with what was being reported in Xorg.0.log about the DVI not being connected to an output, but I still don't have any practical improvement. I also tried disconnecting DVI (and removing 'Option "Monitor-DVI-0"'), hooking up VGA, and rebooting, but that's the same, just the LCD backlight.

Config and log are at http://web.mr-happy.com/xorg-7.4-200904/ . I'm grateful for any help.

Jeff

Last edited by jbhappy; 27th April 2009 at 05:35 AM.