View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th December 2011
Arp Constable

I tried it with Firefox 5.0 from OpenBSD 5.0. The system was an intel atom 330 all in one mobo. I'm utilizing the onboard 945gc video which has handled flashplayer but as mentioned was choppy.

Oko, what video chip does your wife laptop have and how was playback and audio quality?

The youtube/html5 website said any video that had a leading advertisement would not work - almost seems like a benefit.

I have a similiar system that I run OpenBSD current on and one the lower tier mirror update will try firefox 8.01. Also thinking about Opera on FreeBSD 9.0 once the final version is released.

I'm also looking into WebKit based browsers which would be based on h264 codecs rather than WebM.

Edit2: I added Midori to OpenBSD 5.0 which supports both h.264 and WebM and playback was much better. Midori with html5 enabled, and possibly other webkit based browsers, are a viable option for viewing some youtube videos. Midori in OpenBSD-current is unstable and crashes readily

Last edited by shep; 13th December 2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: grammer added Midori for both 5.0 and current