View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th September 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraaj View Post
i only have this problem on BSD while it
works perfectly on Linux.
...which should tell you that the code was designed for Linux & not coded in a generic POSIX fashion.

Linux != OpenBSD. If you compare the hier(7) manpages between Linux & any of the *BSD family, you will see that there are significant differences. Likewise, while there are some common libraries between the two platforms, there are also differences here too.

The error cited in your OP looks like the effect of compiler differences. You did not specify which version of OpenBSD is being used, but I suspect the gcc version is 3.x. Most Linux distro's I have limited knowledge have moved to 4.x. OpenBSD 4.8 is the first version which uses 4.x as its default. Your other choice is to determine whether gcc 4.x is available in the packages/ports tree of whatever version of OpenBSD you are running & install the appropriate packages. The choice is yours.

Be aware that in general, this site only provides limited porting support. Porting can be very involved, & it requires significant experience. Unfortunately, supporting porting efforts generally requires significant knowledge of the problem domain, & to expect this level of support is not always realistic. However on occasion, regulars find particular problems interesting to explore.

So, take these comments & determine the compiler versions used. If you want to continue porting this application, you should download a snapshot of OpenBSD 4.8-current which may provide you with a compatible compiler similar to what you have on Linux.