View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th May 2014
Port Guard

Default [SOLVED] What am I doing wrong? (multiple compilation errors)

Hi, I am on a fresh 5.5 install fully patched and I got to be doing something wrong because I just can't use ports on a reliable way. It always fail at some package.

I was trying to install Firefox as my first package and, while installing db the post-install process failed because of a "file not found" error. Ok, got to be something wrong with the port itself, lets install the binary. Then it goes to another package (I forgot, I am sorry and by the way where can I find the compilation logs?) and it fails because the system run out of my virtual memory. During llvm compilation basically the same error ('unable to allocate memory"). All of the errors I "fixed" by installing the binary package. And now, finally, on Firefox I get this:

Code:
-Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror=return-type -Wtype-limits -Wempty-body -Wsign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-c++0x-extensions -Wno-extended-offsetof -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wno-return-type-c-linkage -Wno-mismatched-tags -std=gnu++0x -fdeprecated-macro -ferror-limit 19 -fmessage-length 106 -pthread -stack-protector 1 -mstackrealign -fno-rtti -fobjc-runtime=gnustep -fobjc-default-synthesize-properties -fdiagnostics-show-option -backend-option -vectorize-loops -o nsGlobalWindow.o -x c++ /usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/dom/base/nsGlobalWindow.cpp 
1.      <eof> parser at end of file
2.      Code generation
clang-3.3: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
clang-3.3: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
clang version 3.3 (tags/RELEASE_33/final)
Target: amd64-unknown-openbsd5.5
Thread model: posix
clang-3.3: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to  and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.
clang-3.3: note: diagnostic msg: 

PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING FILES TO THE BUG REPORT:
Preprocessed source(s) and associated run script(s) are located at:
clang-3.3: note: diagnostic msg: /tmp/nsGlobalWindow-2io4Oj.cpp
clang-3.3: note: diagnostic msg: /tmp/nsGlobalWindow-2io4Oj.sh
clang-3.3: note: diagnostic msg: 

/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/config/rules.mk:1129: recipe for target 'nsGlobalWindow.o' failed
gmake[4]: *** [nsGlobalWindow.o] Error 254
gmake[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/build-amd64/dom/base'
/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/config/recurse.mk:44: recipe for target 'base_compile' failed
gmake[3]: *** [base_compile] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/build-amd64/dom'
/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/config/recurse.mk:44: recipe for target 'compile' failed
gmake[2]: *** [compile] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/build-amd64/dom'
/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/config/recurse.mk:16: recipe for target 'compile' failed
gmake[1]: *** [compile] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/build-amd64'
/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/mozilla-release/config/rules.mk:694: recipe for target 'all' failed
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error 2 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:2673 '/usr/ports/pobj/firefox-26.0/build-amd64/.build_done')
*** Error 1 in . (/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk:1874 '/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/firefox-2
I grabbed my ports tree following, exactly, the instructions here

Steps I've done:

$ cd /tmp
$ ftp http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.5/ports.tar.gz
$ ftp http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.5/SHA256.sig
$ signify -C -p /etc/signify/openbsd-55-base.pub -x SHA256.sig ports.tar.gz
$ cd /usr
$ sudo tar xzf /tmp/ports.tar.gz

Last edited by moisespedro; 18th May 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Including steps