View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th February 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rva View Post
...the only problem i have anymore is with my cardbus being [disabled?] same problem as the guy with the D400 has.
The hardware thread in which you responded is intended as general information. Your request for support will get lost within it, & I have split you message away to focus on your compatibility questions.

From the dmesg(8) output provided:
Code:
"O2Micro, SmartCardBus Reader, V1.0" at pcmcia1 function 0 not configured
Messages emitted by the OpenBSD 4.6 kernel are stating that while the cardbus reader hardware has been identified, no driver has been found which is compatible with the its hardware signature. This is the meaning of "not configured" displayed above.
Quote:
here is my dmesg output for anyone curious
Code:
linksys wusb600n [ralink] run0
bwi0 on board broadcom wifi
acx -> not available/visible without cardbus support
The problem is that the hardware offering cardbus support has not been configured. However, the run(4) driver would be able to recognize the card itself.

As for solutions, nothing obvious is indicated. You might want to try installing a snapshot of -current to see if newer development now recognizes your hardware, but I have no knowledge of whether this will lead to a successful result. Snapshots of -current are installed in the same manner as -release, & reviewing the information found in Section 4 of the FAQ is always a good idea.

If you are puzzled by the differences between -release & -current, studying Section 5.1 will help clear up any ambiguity.