View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd May 2008
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessgeeks View Post
The cluster will be hosting a localize version of youtube so availablility and performance are both being targetted here.
Cool. Is your cluster only a MySQL cluster or is it also an HTTP cluster?

Quote:
Are there alternatives to replication, I friend told me to check out DBRD but says its linux only.
You won't need this if you go with the MySQL Cluster solution. You data nodes will take care themselves of being an exact replica of the other nodes.

Quote:
Im also looking into building a High Availability and Hi performance Web Server, and I hear this can be done with heartbeat alone, is this correct? will this setup work with lighttpd?
Are you look forward to build two separate clusters or one server running multiple-services?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think heartbeat can't balance the load between your nodes. But I heard it works great for high-availability purposes. For your high-availability and high-performance need, I would suggest you try something with PF and CARP. This is what I am currently working on.