View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd May 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default Managing IP Addresses

Hi,

I work for a small hosting company and right now we need find a way to manage all of the IP addresses that we have. Let me a give a background on the situation so that you guys may understand what I'm trying to do.

Each of our servers range from 10 to even 250 IP Addresses. We also have one server that keeps IPs that aren't being used by any other server. So whenever there's a new customer or some customer wants more IPs, I just go to the server that keeps the unused IPs and remove how many IPs I need and then I put them in servers that need more IPs. Even though this may seem like exhausting process, it has been working decent. But lately I had some troubles with IPs because the server that was keeping unused IPs was keeping some IPs that were actually being used in other servers already. So I would remove an IP that I thought it was available but then to find out that it was already being used in another machine.

So here's my question: Are there any tools or applications that I could use to manage all of the IPs in our network? I would like to be able to see what IPs we have available, the hostname of the machine that IP is at, find out if IPs are overlapping and so on.

Does anyone know of an application or script that can do such thing?