View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th June 2009
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
ATI Catalyst does not support OpenBSD and likely never will. I would reckon that card would be supported by the radeonhd driver in so far as anything will (you can read the man pages for the driver as included with various OpenBSD releases on their website)

and some others might say you asked a fool question :P
Right on.

Ya, some mite say I asked a fool question but that would asume I didn't know the answer was no. I just wanted to make sure.

AMD/ATI's lack of suport for the Open Source coumity has made me deeply regret buying this laptop and swell a grate hatred for AMD/ATI within me. I will never agin buy a product from AMD untill they change there ways and will continue to badmoth them to anyone that will listen.

Now intel, I Love Intel As far as I know they are as much a supporter of Open Source as AMD is an opposer. I hate to be part of bringing about a monopoly in any market. Such a thing has historically only broght about harm to development, freedom, and price. Unfortunately, AMD has forced me into a corner on this. I can now only hope that Intel stays on it's course towards quality product and suport for Open Source software.

I am however going to try out OpenBSD on my home server do to it's history of security. So, you may hear form me agin with questions for that box. Or I mite go with dragonflyBSD.... The Linux Kernel with grsecurity and PaX is farly secure as well but it is nice to use an OS that was designed for security from the ground up.

Last edited by echoblack; 15th June 2009 at 09:11 AM.