View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th May 2015
ISO Quartermaster

I just received scottro's email inquiring whether I was alive. Sadly, he sent it to an address that I don't check very often, and I did today.

I do stop by on occasion, and yes, I still use FreeBSD a lot. I have three FreeBSD servers that run in VMs, but once I get them working I leave them alone until I upgrade. Then I do a fresh install and copy over the user files.

Yes, I now have three grandkids and one great grandkid (!). But most of my time is spent running my business (a life sciences tools company). There is an incredible amount of overhead that goes into government grants administration, and that's where the majority of my money comes from.

Thanks for the compliment on my troff knowledge, but really I'm just a skilled user. I'll have a look at the code, if it still is relevant, to see if I can find a problem.

If you really want skilled troff people, go to the groff mailing list. There are people there who are really, really good. I'm working with the writer of the -mom macros to allow text to flow around equations, tables and figures. It is a capability of nearly every text formatter and word processor, but it never has been included into any of the troff macro packages. Personally I need that because the proposals I submit have strict page limits, and I can't afford to waste space every time I have to include a figure.

I'll stop by more often. Promise!