Thread: Hello everyone.
View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th September 2017
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip6ix View Post
Just a quick note to introduce myself to the forum. I've been running Linux systems for the past twenty-odd years, but for the past few years I've become increasingly dissatisfied with the direction Linux has taken, and some of the choices the OS has made (systemd), at least with the distros I've used (Debian mostly).
Your story has some similaries to mine. Shortly after I started using Linux I did some research into BSD and was greatly intrigued, but Linux worked well so I left BSD alone as something to perhaps try later. Then with experience my knowledge about using Linux increased over time. Thus, I became very comfortable with it and had no desire to learn another system. Although I did keep track of what was happening in the BSD camp, because I found the design and philosophy very interesting. Shortly before systemd became a debate issue I noticed the direction Linux development was heading and did not like it. (Systemd is not the problem. It is a small symptom of a big problem. I shall not elaborate on my feelings, because I do not want to engage in Linux bashing.) So I finally decided to give BSD a whirl and have not looked back. At the time found myself asking the same question you are.
Quote:
Now I ask myself why I didn't adopt BSD earlier.