View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacerdos_daemonis View Post
I hope I do not make a nuisance of myself or violate the board's etiquette by posting this...
You aren't...
Quote:
...but I feel it may be helpful in the future for people with language input needs and are new to OpenBSD, especially those migrating from Linux. Depending on how complex one's needs are, some users can avoid input problems with...
Unfortunately, this site has not attracted a significant number of those needing Chinese support such that clear-cut answers are known. Searching through the archives of this site will bear this out. Even searching through the archives of the project's mailing lists will not provide such answers.

As opposed to larger Open Source projects such as Linux, the OpenBSD project is quite small. Roughly a hundred developers are involved, & given that the target audience of development is the developers themselves, an established infrastructure which will address Chinese support don't really exist at this time. While multi-lingual support would be nice, & I'm sure that the developers freely agree, the work takes time & effort, and no one has made the work seamless to date.

As has already been mentioned, if you want to help in the development effort, others will benefit. Contacting the port maintainers is a solid first step. If the members on this site can help answer some of the questions, we will try, but to date, most here are English bound, & thus ignorant of the detail involved.

Does this mean you will need to forage for answers on your own doing a lot of research? Most likely, yes.