View Single Post
Old 18th June 2012
bsdstudent

Hi Carpetsmoker !
Sorry to say that you got me wrong in that I was not comparing two bands but rather two states (performances regardless of actants)
Pink floyd Vs cover-maker // OpenBSD Vs Bitrig Fork is a mistaken conclusion .. Neither did I belittle the new band nor the new fork.
The comparison relates to the fork issue in ways .. working together is more beneficial than forking whenever one feels "different" .. this very notion of difference can irretrievably break things as it can shape them .. Gilmour was different from Waters .. yet the show went on .. everybody's experience/effort/contribution adds up to the overall team and project benefit .. look at FreeBSD for instance ... why is it thriving ? what would have become of NetBSD if it never missed Theo for instance ? Albert Einstein and his "theory of everything" , he lost contact with all quantum scientists .. and worked alone. Result : a half-life is lost in vain .. because of condescension .. or if not so .. the notion of difference when being badly applied to oneself as to others ..