View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008
Just a computer user...

But yea I talk to the owner about it today... they seem to like the idea of running a non-Windows OS on the guest machines, so that they don't need to worry about virus and nasty stuff... but I would need to make sure that Flash and YouTube works.

I probably just going to try X+Firefox+Flash and see how it goes...

Oh by the way, I almost forgot, they'll like to be able to limit the internet machines for 30 minutes... so, guest would need to ask them for the internet, and they'll enable it, which then it will work for 30 minutes, and automatically disconnect afterward.

They would have a main computer in the reception that they use to enable and disable the internet machines...

So I am thinking of blocking outbound networks on the internet machines using pf or iptable... with pf it could just be a simple pfauth where they click this Icon on the reception computer, which fires up putty and lets the internet computer to do its thing, and disconnect in 30 minutes...

I haven't used iptables though... can it be done?? What if they end up having to run Windows, are there anything like that?

All the computers are connected to a Cisco router so I don't think I can just put an OpenBSD router in between... I don't know why they used Cisco router, I don't think they'd know how to log in to the thing and connect and disconnect clients everytime..

Yes I know the 30 minute limit sounds very slack... they want to be cheap, so what can you do...

Last edited by Sunnz; 16th May 2008 at 02:12 PM.