View Single Post
Old 31st July 2019
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes_Worst View Post
I am using NetBSD since NetBSD 6.0, and I am enjoying it greatly. Already a follower of this forum for years. Yesterday I revived an old desktop, hp compaq dc 7100, with NetBSD 8.1. With this screenshot I want to greet you all. I am not a tinkerer, I am just a simple user. I don't think I can ad much to this forum except my support for all that you are doing. Great thanks to the developers of the BSD's
Hi, and welcome! I'm by no means an expert nor a professional either, just a devoted amateur, and I like experimenting BSDs and their features, especially NetBSD. Personally I don't mind contributing on fora, mailing lists or newsgroups whenever I notice I have some hint, or a fix/workaround ready which OP most likely ignores, providing a discrete amount of my replies has proven worth and useful so far

I like your setup: fluxbox and xmms are great defaults and conky always comes in handy. I'm with ld0p endorsing your wallpaper choice too :P
Which font is that you're using?

That said, just got a second-hand laptop in very good shape from a friend who gave it away in favour of more powerful hardware; put the newly branched NetBSD 9 on it and set up a simple desktop with wmx. The info bar on the bottom is conky, while notifications are provided by dunst. Font is Office Code Pro

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wmx.jpg (322.7 KB, 82 views)