View Single Post
Old 6th June 2008
UNIX lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkontos View Post
@Oliver_H:

Besides the technological crap you mention about Unix you seem to have an obsession with people who like Macs. Maybe you should look into that ?

George
I'm using a Mac and I'm using Macs since 68k (with System 7), even at work besides some Solaris machines. So stop the blathering if you don't understand a single word! My saying is, it's perfect for *someones* desktop, but if you want something that follows the UNIX-principle or if you like the console then go with Linux, $BSD, OpenSolaris etc.

>Have you ever used Mac OS X? If you install X11 and MacPorts, then it feels no different than any other Unix out there.

@ninjatux, yes I do know fink, macports etc. It comes not even close to FreeBSD ports. And if you install xcode and this and that ... , do you get it now? But of course you will not believe it, because the average Mac-user wouldn't think critical of his beloved Apple hardware But in the end it's just my opinion. Maybe you'll ask why I'm using it, because I do know what's the perfect tool for a certain task (e.g. Photoshop). And I'm using Apple for such tasks and FreeBSD or Linux for UNIX-behaviour. So do you understand? It's not flame-bait for the simple minded, it's distinguishing for mature users.