View Single Post
Old 27th April 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Not on OpenBSD. The hostapd tool you were attempting to use has a different purpose
As I have now learned ^_^ Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggimi View Post
Sorry things didn't work out for you with this particular hardware configuration. You might still want to post your "freeze" to misc@; it's possible one of the driver developers may have a new fix available or a suggestion. Just post your dmesg and the failing ifconfig command.
Oh no, not at all. Actually, in doing a little more digging I found that there is an error in my ifconfig... When passing the wpa-psk, I need to also include the nwid of the network I'm connecting to. wpa-psk is actually a seperate method invoked by ifconfig that generates the hexadecimal passkey, and it requires that ssid in order to do so (where the ssid == nwid specified in ifconfig). So it's fully possible that my system freeze is a result of my passing bad/incomplete arguments to ifconfig.

At work now, so can't test it yet (stupid me and left it powered off, so can't even ssh in >_>). But I'll keep poking at it. I've been using BSD as my server OS for over 10 years now, and I'd rather keep trying at it and get it working than switch over to another OS!

If I figure it out I'll post details. Thanks again!