Thread: Xfce4 desktop
View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th August 2019
parrot

Quote:
hitest>I used to use startx. Now I use xenodm and quite like it. Here's my .xsession file for XFCE.
Code:
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4 --with-ck-launch
You need it in a .xsession file, in your /home/user dir,
Code:
exec startxfce4
Should work, you may need to created the .xsession file. I don't have xfce4 installed, but there should be some information in:
Code:
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/
You really should read those, sorry I can not post them here,because I do not have xfce4 ,and the docs, but any way, also another site says:
Quote:
Then as user add an .xsession file with a line that will start consolekit so that you can shutdown &c from within xfce4.
Code:
$ cat .xsession
exec ck-launch-session startxfce4
The link LeFrettchen posted also mentions needing the .xsession file.
================= edited ===========

For KDE, the readme docs explained all of there configurations very clearly,I would expect the same can be applied to XFCE4, the readme docs are essential for configuring it correctly.
Quote:
jggimi >from:http://daemonforums.org/showthread.p...7265#post67265 Follow the instructions in the README, Garry. I mentioned it above. Like all other package readme files, you'll find it in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/.
If you follow the README, you'll enable messagebus, and then you'll create a $HOME/.xsession file with the last line as shown in the README.
====== edit ====
Note: Just tried installing to a VM, and the readme docs have everything one should need. All I did is add this line to my .xsession file
Code:
exec /usr/local/bin/startxfce4

Last edited by PapaParrot; 14th August 2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: removed some things that are not necessary, added note: