View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th August 2008
Spam Deminer

1) I don't think it's supported. There are hints on mailing lists that it might be, but there's nothing definite. Somebody else might be able to help you along. There's the NDIS framework that you might be able to use with a Windows driver to get it working.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/...ork-setup.html

2) I find both of those posts preposterous and outrageous. Ubuntu and any other Linux has much the same, but a few distributions hide the text. The last question isn't even worth answering. It's absolutely stupid that the blubbering idiot picked that question to ask. There's some common sense involved in the naming process. Oh, I don't know, maybe the letters actually stand for something. Those two questions aren't even worth anyone's curiosity. By the way, stay away from Ubuntu Forums. There's a lot of misinformation there.

3) Why did you choose DesktopBSD? I've always used vanilla FreeBSD. I love the flexibility.

Last edited by ninjatux; 19th August 2008 at 01:23 AM.