View Single Post
Old 27th June 2016
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by staus View Post
I forgot to say I also have toadd enabled.
You have automation you have provisioned which read disklabels every 8 seconds and attempt to mount for you, and you wonder why your LED is blinking and your device is busy?

Try stopping *all* of your automated mounting services.
Code:
# rcctl stop toadd
# rcctl stop hotplugd
# rcctl stop amd
Then insert your USB device, and see if you can mount and not get "busy" messages.
Quote:
When I try fstat /usb. I get the error no such file.
Yesterday, you mentioned you were attempting to mount to /usb. I misunderstood that you meant ~/usb. My apologies, but I only know about your environment from what you provide.
Quote:
If I fstat -f ~/usb, I get a long list, the same as when I fstat -f, only FD MOUNT at wd /home.
The -f <path> option asks for all open files in the same file system as the path. If ~/usb happens to be /home/staus/usb, and /home is the filesystem, $ fstat -f ~/usb will list every open file and directory in /home.

If you want to see if /home/staus/usb is busy, the command is $ fstat /home/staus/usb
Quote:
If I try mount /dev/sd1i /mnt, I still get a device busy message.
I'll take the wild guess that your automation has already mounted your USB filesystem for you. The command $ df -h will show you all mounted filesystems, their mount points, their capacity, and their current storage usage. Perhaps /dev/sd1i is already in that list, mounted by toadd somewhere under /run/media/.

Last edited by jggimi; 27th June 2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typos / disabling -> stopping