View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd May 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunita View Post
...when I boot this liveUSB I can't see the option to install the SO into the server. Have I to deploy the content of the USB into the server HD?
Sorry, this wasn't quite how I interpreted your initial question, however, the solution is still relatively simple.

Assuming you installed OpenBSD 5.1 as I recommended earlier, the default kernel booted is /bsd. The kernel used for installation is also included in the root directory as /bsd.rd. When prompted during boot:
Code:
probing: pc0 com0 com1 apm mem[636k 190M a20=on]
disk: fd0 hd0+
>> OpenBSD/i386 BOOT 3.17
boot>
The bootloader pauses before loading the default kernel. What you will want to do is type /bsd.rd while the bootloader is pausing.

Note that the filesets are not present in this configuration. I don't believe the Gayatri Hitech project includes them either. However, once /bsd.rd is booted, you can access the file sets over the Internet as specified in Section 4 of the FAQ. You can also access them USB (the same device or another USB device...) or CD if you have prepared these media.

Last edited by ocicat; 22nd May 2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: clarify USB sources...