View Single Post
Old 15th July 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barti View Post
By the way, what is the best minimalistic window manager?

XFCE4?

TWM ?
A third-party site which harvests information found in OpenBSD's CVS ports tree can be found at the following:

http://openports.se/

Note that the information presented is specific to -current. Packages found in -release/-stable may be older or non-existent.

As for window managers, one of the best minimal alternatives is cwm(1) which is part of a base OpenBSD installation assuming all X filesets have been installed.

For the record, XFCE4 is not minimalistic, however I recognize if Gnome were one's only exposure to window managers, every other window manager is minimal in comparison.

barti, this site attempts to maintain that every thread is about one subject only, & this is covered in the forum rules. Most members of this site use the archives extensively for searching, & limiting threads to a single subject helps simplify the task. Because this was your first thread, I have let this slide, but in the future I will not be so lenient. As stated earlier, I am only allowing questions about X & Gnome in this thread. While asking about other window managers is an X-related topic, it is outside the spirit of how to configure Gnome in X. Please consider this when attempting to change the subject again within the same thread.