View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008
Kienja

Quote:
Originally Posted by latorion
I heard that this system is one of the diffficultist and it is like gentto and Slackware together.
You need better sources of information. I came from Gentoo to FreeBSD. They have similar aspects, but their similarities go no further than that. Gentoo is like a raging war compared to FreeBSD. That is, FreeBSD is easier to use and, for me, it makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecer
FreeBSD is really hard but intersting
I completely disagree. It is indeed interesting, but I could not call it "very hard."

Quote:
btw anyone can get help from this forum or is it forum only for some user or this is forum for concretely group of users
We live to serve. This forum is not for a specific group of users. It is for anyone who uses *BSD.

Quote:
U have friend who know this system. But i don't have any friedns so in this battle I will be alone.
I have never met, in person, someone who uses FreeBSD. Even still, I am doing very well with it.

Quote:
My friedns are laughing at me because they are using windows and in their system everythink works great and in my Linux or soon FreeBSD i am constantly something configuring or fixing.
Ha ha! Yeah... Maybe your friends think everything is working great. Your friends' thoughts and reality are widely separated. You can have a FreeBSD system that runs as smoothly as you want if you just keep with it and learn everything you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcarada
If you are just starting with FreeBSD and Unix I would reccomend DesktopBSD or PCBSD
Try FreeBSD first. If it overwhelms you, then you could look at PC-BSD or Desktop BSD. Those two are built on top of FreeBSD, so they work in essentially the same way; however, they have additional usability features for new users who are not keen on learning a new operating system.

Quote:
By despite of it I will try FreeBSD. Mayby i can make it.
Yes, you can make it. No worries. Here is my one suggestion:
Use a spell checker. Even if your English is not very good, please at least try to make your posts as readable as possible by using a spell checker. An English spell checker is easy to get from anywhere in the world. Try Open Office and install the English language package. Or, you could use Firefox, which allows spell checking from within the browser. Your English is not bad, just take a few seconds to use a spell checker before posting.

To get started: Installing FreeBSD (Though I suppose you have all ready found this)