View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st December 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default openoffice-3.1.1p4 and firefox3.5.6 crashing "on call"

Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays to all:

I've rebuilt a system over the weekend (of 25-27 Dec) using a snapshot w/an Xfce4 Desktop; but started to have some problems with Firefox and OpenOffice after I rebooted from installing Tor.

I was unable to raise Firefox on Menu or terminal; and OpenOffice was unresponsive on the Menu and gave me an "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'" from the terminal.

I looked around the web a bit, found some different workarounds. Firefox worked on the safe mode; but since I didn't have an extensive setup, I took someone's advise and deleted the /home/'user-acct'/.mozilla directory. Starting anew w/o bookmarks and add-ons; but was able to recover quickly.

Somehow, I don't have similar results with OpenOffice. I performed an 'pkg_add -ivu' (which had an update; but not dice), cleared out the /home/'user-acct'/.openoffice.org directory, even used 'pkg_delete -cv' and reinstalled with 'pkg_add -vc'; but I'm still having problems.

Anyone else having problems w/FF and OO? Could anything in my system be corrupted that could be causing this?
Am I missing a step (or is there an alternative workaround) in the "wipe out and reinstall" procedures?
Should I...rebuild the system...again?

Thanks

Last edited by IronForge; 31st December 2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Clarify