View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd April 2014
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarfreak View Post
1. Has anyone gotten an NVIDIA card functioning decently on DragonFlyBSD or OpenBSD with a card similar to mine? If so, could you give me some pointers, googling and digging through the mailing lists hasn't helped me much other than getting responses of "Buy an ATI card", which I plan on doing, but until then I'm stuck with this card.
This questions makes no sense at all. There is no documentation, no code, no binaries (for DragonFly and OpenBSD at least) for any NVidia hardware. So how are people suppose to get thing working? I am surprised that you got any answers on mailing lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarfreak View Post
2. Specifically in the case of DragonFlyBSD, given that they have ported the FreeBSD Radeon driver, does anyone know if they plan to port the NVIDIA one as well? Part of why I ask is that I dug through their github page, and found nvidia-settings, but not the FreeBSD driver itself.
To port what? Binaries which were compiled by NVidia on FreeBSD for FreeBSD? I do not want to sound rude but I would edit that part of your questions because you never know when such kind or Internet trail can hurt you. I personally would never hire a person who asked such question for any kind technical work.

Last edited by Oko; 4th April 2014 at 12:42 AM.