View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th July 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default Still getting errors building Xenocara

ocicat:

Thanks for the input. I read from several sources on how to initialize ports after install - I read the importance of ports before; and tried FreeBSD where pkgs/ports updates were done via portsnap (which was straightforward for me). I also had print media for the FreeBSD install available.

I've been hacked rather heavily these past weeks; and decided to move to BSD. Some hacker broke into my FreeBSD install and deleted the "getty" terminal login file, so I couldn't boot.

Instead of trying to fix it, I decided to go with OpenBSD for the increased security.

I did review the faq_chpt 5.5 Minor point - don't know if it's an editorial error or a glitch in the install - the section implies that /usr/xenocara is prexistant in the installed system prior to the build with its reference to the README file at the beginning - I didn't have the directory at all.

I tried to build Xenocara again - making sure that I had the -STABLE tree checked out. I'm getting the same errors - posted the last pkg the build was working on:

===> lib/libdrm/intel
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr.c -o intel_bufmgr.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_fake.c -o intel_bufmgr_fake.o
cc -O2 -pipe -g -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel -I/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/dev/pci/drm -c /usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c -o intel_bufmgr_gem.o
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c: In function `drm_intel_bufmgr_gem_init':
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: `I915_PARAM_NUM_FENCES_AVAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/xenocara/lib/libdrm/intel/intel_bufmgr_gem.c:1412: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

xobj was wiped out per the FAQ, should I have cleared out any other directory before my 2nd attempt?