View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th May 2011
Port Guard

Further information:

It occurred to me that I may be using the ntfs-3g command the wrong way. Should I be using it as part of a script? If it's designed to be a script command, well, that would explain a lot of things.

Please understand that I'm learning FreeBSD as I go; if my questions seem boneheaded, it's due to lack of experience. I'm trying. Honest.

I'm thinking of trying this rc script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# PROVIDE: mountall

. /etc/rc.subr

name="mountall"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
start_cmd="mountall_start"
stop_cmd=":"

load_rc_config $name

mountall_start()
{
    if checkyesno ${rcvar}; then
	ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /usr/home/rjp/xwp
	ntfs-3g /dev/ad3s1 /usr/home/rjp/filz
	ntfs-3g /dev/ad3s2 /usr/home/rjp/vee
    fi
}

run_rc_command "$1"
I found a script template, and ran with it. This is new to me, so I only half know what I'm doing. For all I know, I may still be going about this the wrong way.

One thing I have done is enable fusefs in rc.conf. I saw a notice of this in the startup scroll, but I still can't mount the internal partitions. Still, I like to think I'm a step closer. I suspect that since fusefs wasn't enabled in rc.conf, it was somehow tied to the Dolphin file manager. If that's the case, then I'll have to make sure that fuse is running separately from Dolphin at all times. Does Dolphin have configuration scripts of it's own? If so, then I'll be paying them a visit. Baby steps...

Thanks in advance,

RJPugh
(recovering newbie)