View Single Post
Old 21st June 2008
Tcpdump Spy

Am I the only one who doesn't have any WiFi?
The advantages of WiFi always seemed pretty minor to me, sure, you have internet in the while house (And around it) but just how useful is that?
Even laptops are generally used at the same spot every time...

Anyway,
My brother lives in a 3x4 meter (if not smaller) apartment, it's in a house with 6(?) other students ... You know how these things work.
He doesn't have a phone connection (Which is needed for internet), and the housboss does not seem to be very service-oriented and just sort of shrugs his shoulders when asked about this.

So, he uses some (unprotected) wireless network, as does at least one other student, although (depending on the speed of the connection and the presence of a data limit) the owner of this connection may never notice he has "leechers", I would consider this to be abuse .... And it makes you wonder how often this is happening?

But in spite of this, I agree with Bruce, if I would have a wireless network, it would be open, I never lock my front door either, I would rather have everything stolen once every 20 years orso then live in constant fear of everything being stolen.