View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2008
Administrator

@scottro

Dunno if flash 9 works with OSS on Linux, never tried, I am personally more interested in OpenSolaris (Flash9 + Java working out of the box with OSS4). VirtualBox also runs good on OpenSolaris, even seamless mode works

I have a buddy that uses OSS4 on Gentoo and he has sound and everything with Flash 9. Also now everything is smooth, while when he was using ALSA + pulsesh!t + other typical Linux audio layers everything that played sound was choking from time to time but when he switched to OSS4 wverything is smooth now, and he does not have old box (C2D 2.4GHz + 2GB RAM).

Draco is very young project, while Arch is several years old, pacman isnt all that bad, and as all other Linux, Arch also can be used with OSS4, but I like idea behind Draco to use these things as defaults.

Documentaton always was and is a problem in Linux world, even if you have pretty good documented userland and /etc like in Gentoo or Arch, the Linux kernel itself still remains one big mess, I often have a feeling that doing make random will do better then if I would add options myself.

Quote:
As we all know <cough>cacti</cough> often, the biggest problem isn't that a program is so complex, it's that the documents are lacking.
Yeah, dont tell me

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd