Thread: E-SATA?
View Single Post
Old 4th September 2008
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
jgimi, with all respect, but I am not paid for debugging.
I really don't want to tell you what you should or should not do, or what your job looks like, but in my experience a sysadmin's job is to make sure servers work.
How exactly he or she makes them work is not really important to whoever is paying you ... If debugging is what's necessary, then that's what's necessary.

I realize you're not in a pretty situation, in fact, it downright sucks, but this is a drawback of using (a free) operating system primarily developed in people's spare time, and with little or no commercial support ... No one owes you anything, The OpenBSD people will fix it when it suits them, which may be tomorrow, or it may be in a year ... Or maybe never.

All that you (As a non-developer/programmer) can do is to provide as much accurate information to describe the problem as you can, which will make it easier for the OpenBSD developers to locate and fix the problem/bug.

This is simply how free operating systems (Such as FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, etc.) work.