View Single Post
Old 16th July 2010
Package Pilot

DutchDaemon:
Quote:
What on earth is your beef with the FreeBSD forums?
Quote:
So specifically, what is the problem?
.. yes, you are the one who allow people to curse new members (usually first time posters) after they get frustrated with the threader ignorance of the operating system or it was a question that seem to be too far over their heads I read thread where you personally tell the new member to RTFM or ten-times worse. You allow some people to say bad things but when the new member defend his or herself, you're quick to band or close a most interesting thread ... That what trips me out and make me afraid to join. If 10 members from each bsdforum post a few of those saved threads or just google, they will fill the rest of this page. Other thanm it's no big deal.

Carpetsmoker:
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with the FreeBSD forums. We even shared some "vBulletin tricks". Nothing but love between us. As DF Administrator/Owner I post there myself from time to time.
I know you are all friends. Same people I read here are over there also.

Quote:
As for answering your threads: Sometimes people just don't know. Or your questions are complicated and it takes a lot of time to understand your problem & offer some assistance.
I totally agree. Most of the time it's more complicated trying to ask the question properly.

Quote:
No one is paid, we do this in our spare time. I (And many others) are happy to help and donate our time to you, many of your threads seem like large and rather complicated questions, this of course does not help in the amount of answers you will receive
Sorry I sound like that. I really did not mean it that way. I just wanted to see if anyone was at home and if not where was everybody. I was into those other thread and I could not help them and that when I realize we were all along.

Sorry I worry both you guys but I know what's up now and do understand things much better.