View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd November 2012
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
A far simpler solution would be to install OpenBSD to a USB flash drive as described in Section 4 of the FAQ. Copy the bsd.rd kernel to the root partition + copy the necessary filesets to an accessible location. Where ever you want to install OpenBSD, boot the bsd.rd kernel instead of the default bsd kernel, & install as directed. You will be getting the same result as a custom constructed USB flash drive with far less effort.
Thank you for your reply, I'll certainly look at whats described in the FAQ and see if I can get things to work that way.

Quote:
Without information as what the steps taken were, there is little anyone can do to resurrect your installation.
I'm sorry if my rambling was unclear, I never finished the install (although the installer might have thought so since I issued the 'REBOOT' command - I don't know if that is different from the command one would use under normal operation of the o/s?).
The problem is that the install media just refuses to boot again.

I guess this might be more of an hardware issue than an OBSD one?

Quote:
I can only hope that anything critical, be in on your OpenBSD or Linux installation, was backed up.
No, nothing important. It was just a default single user, no x, linpus linux install. The comp has never been used.