View Single Post
Old 5th February 2010
Banned

FreeBSD is a great Unix OS. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I didn't intend to belittle and depricate it in any way shape or form. It's just for me, OpenBSD is a greater Unix OS. I've tried different Linux distributions and liked them, I loved FreeBSD -- my first BSD, and NetBSD isn't all that bad either, but OpenBSD is just right for me. It has all the things I like to suit my personality.

I like their logo. I like the fact that you get stickers when you make a contribution to OpenBSD and a collectable case with the CD's. I like that it's on a CD, not a DVD. I like the artwork. I like that you can get posters and t-shirts with Puffy. It's just a personal choice, you might have different feeling, and that's ok with me.

I learn unix much faster on OpenBSD than with any other Linux or BSD I've used before because of this and it's considered by some to be the most difficult BSD to learn. All the artwork and they way things are done (t-shirts, etc.) make learning OpenBSD fun, not mechanical and tiresome. That's all I'm sayin'.