View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2014
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanGrimoire View Post
The problem with systemd as I understand it is that the "year of linux on the desktop" folks, really, really, really, really want that thing, like bad, like the only thing they want for Christmas kinda bad and they don't really care about esoteric *nix hackers that like to run things the old fashioned way.
Folks who believe in "year of Linux on the desktop" should continue to take their daily therapy or see their physician to get stronger medications. I think you will learn and enjoy something from this thread. I am linking to the most interesting post by Jordan Hubbard who happen to made first commit to FreeBSD 21 years ago He is also a seasoned professional who run Apple UNIX (OS X) division for over 10 years, the only current commercially successfully desktop UNIX OS and safe to say the last commercially successfully desktop UNIX OS due to the fact that desktop market is dead (depreciated in favour of hand held devices) .

http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-advocacy...3629713977&w=2

It is futile attempt to try to understand reasoning of people like Lennart Poettering whose success string include some of the worst code and ideas ever to come from Linux like avahi daemon, PulseAudio, HAL, systemd and counting.

Last edited by Oko; 23rd November 2014 at 05:14 PM.