View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012
Port Guard

I've started plain fstab, but, I don't see there is an option to choose the type of a partition one would create (!?) Cfdisk does have that option. (Might it be that your Linux fdisk is nothing else, but, a meta-program, that, in realty, runs cfdisk?). So, I've run cfdisk, deleted the "sun-ufs" partition and, after that (without having committed the change), I've chosen "New" in that same free space. Under "custom" it offers the list of partition types, so I've chosen "sun-ufs". Then it has proposed me a partition's starting point and it was immediately after the end of the preceding partition. I've corrected it (+63) to have the same starting point as before. At my surprise, it has proposed an ending point as much as 15531 sectors before the start of the next partition. I didn't even try to increase it, I've accepted the proposal. (I don't mind if I lose a couple of megabytes, as long as I make it right in disklabel table... and I've taken a note from cfdisk's info.) But, when, at the end, I've tried "Make FS", it said - "Can't create filesystem sun-ufs, you'll have to choose another... Press any key to continue". So, I've followed your advice - to exit (c)fdisk without saving changes and I think I'll wait till you have some time, never mind when it might be.