View Single Post
Old 1st February 2012
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdOp View Post
You meant fdisk, right?
Obviously my mind hasn't been too fresh.

Quote:
You can set the partition type in fdisk (Linux') with the t option. It should be set to A9 (hex) for NetBSD. You can get a list of type codes with the l option. See ye olde man page.
Yes, I had seen about the -l option (and I've checked it). But, since I didn't see a way to set the type, I've assumed it only could recognize those types for listing. I didn't realize what "change a partition's system Id" meant - I've taken it for uuid.

Quote:
I don't know where you're getting sun-ufs from?? Use NetBSD as above.
Both cfdisk and parted identify that partition as "sun-ufs". For fdisk and sfdisk it's "a9 NetBSD"

Quote:
Are you saying you tried to make a ufs filesystem in Linux' cfdisk? That sounds like a recipe for disaster, if even possible.
I didn't try. I've retired in time

OK, now I'm done with it and I'm going to boot the NetBSD InstallCD. Should I re-create wd0a, wd0b and wd0h too (/, swap and /usr), or I just have to change disklabel? (Creating of the new partition is something I can leave for a later moment.)
BTW, fdisk has propsed me the same default values for START and END as cfdisk. There's always that gap of 15531 sectors till the next partition. I don't understand why, but, I've accepted it. (And I've corrected my protofile and saved it at a place accessible from the InstallCD)

Last edited by gillindu; 1st February 2012 at 07:05 AM.