View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th October 2017
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibara View Post
Is mps-youtube for youtube only? I ask because some of the other software you mention (like livestreamer, which by the way is now called streamlink) can stream a huge variety of sites. And in fact I made a port of it to watch Twitch. So just wondering if mps-youtube can be a replacement for things like that.

Well, mpsyt queries YouTube songs/videos only. However it is built on mps (no need for python3, it builds with standard python27 pip), which uses prostopleer.com, as primary resource/database for streaming. Now the site is down, as I think it migrated to another server and acquired the name of musicpleer.audio.Consequently, mps is currently broken, unable to stream any song.
I have never tried to do so, but I think that changing its main reference site is something trivial. Hence, perhaps you may make better use of mps,, instead of mps-youtube, and switch it's main database url to your likes (mp3skull would be my suggestion).

EDIT: thanks very much for streamlink. It's some time I don't have it installed on my system, but I used to spend whole afternoons with livestreamer. Now I'm curious to see what's new about the latest version.

To RIPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe
What i have to do to get pip3.7 and install mpsyt?
Hi,

Short answer: you can just install the pip3.6 binary package, which is named:

py3-pip

It will bring all dependencies along with it.

Longer answer:
Seems you had both python2.7 and python3.6 already installed as dependencies for other packages . Doesn't matter.
If you look below in your pkg_info output, even python3 is listed after: Information for inst: python-3.6.2

In OpenBSD (unlike FreeBSD for example) different versions of python do not conflict and can coexist together, as long as you do not
create the symbolic links it suggests). You can now go on installing pip3 whether from ports or packages

Hope this helps

Last edited by Sehnsucht94; 15th October 2017 at 07:07 AM.