View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd January 2010
Port Guard

Default doh

You know, it's funny. The one thing I knew I wasn't taking special note of was the drives. I actually did it intentionally to put myself in the situation to learn to know whether it would matter or not. I figured if I simply changed the disk BIOS expected to boot that it would be fine. Clearly I wasn't thinking too completely. It was much fun changing the drive again in BIOS, redirecting the display to com0 on boot, and watching it load on my MBP. Wicked fun.

Thank you very much for your assistance. It was also nice to learn exactly how you determined it. I bragged to my wife a couple of hours ago about the fact that likely within about 2 hours I'd have somebody reply who knew exactly. You guys never fail to maintain this image. Perhaps if I can spend more time in my professional life ON BSD, I will be able to contribute like so many of you do now!

Incidentally, my old MBP with what I believe to be a graphics instability has just become a 4.6 OS. Brilliant. My existing setup has 3 905ctxm NICs doing external, wired, wireless, with the wireless going to a vlan on my Catalyst, then joining with my linksys wap. That thing has become very flaky, and the MBP with a usb ethernet will do it all in one, much tighter space, and far more resources than necessary.

I love this OS