View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th August 2010
New User

I apologize, I kind of tend to be horribly bad at keeping things straight.
So to recap in a _hopefully_ clearer way. I started out with 4.6. However when I had problems with that and no success in fixing it I decided to try with 4.7 to see whether that might not "magically" fix the problem (it was worth a shot *shrug*). So currently I'm running 4.7. I'll just quickly have to check whether I have 4.7's dmesg since I don't have the box in close spacial proximity, or in a working state for that matter... Quick thought however. The setup of 4.6 and 4.7 are kind of identical, and the error given and things are also identical. So shouldn't the dmesg output be functionally equivalent? Not to say that I'm too lazy to actually fetch the box since I'm planning on trying to get it to work again. But yeah, I'm kind of wondering out of curiosity and interest.

A note on Xorg.0.log however, sometimes the server seems to segfault _before_ anything gets written to the file. :/ Which has made my life _significantly_ less pleasing.

Anyways, I'll be getting the box in a bit and I'll post the required files (yeah I'm hopelessly unorganized).