View Single Post
Old 4th August 2008
Tcpdump Spy

Ok, I already removed OpenSolaris from my system ... So too late I guess ... Maybe I'll try again in a year orso...

Meanwhile I decided to install Debian ... Not sure why, seemed like fun ... Well, it turned out to be just as much fun as getting gangraped by a group of male Klingons.

The end result was three wasted hours, a lot a frustration, and a shattered Debian CD ... I didn't even manage to actually boot the OS.

Why-o-why is it that:
o I can not configure grub or lilo from the debian CD WITHOUT installing the OS itself?
o The debian installer reports vague errors but then continues like nothing happened?
o Linux can't just boot like any other OS ... But HAS to use grub or lilo?
o The linux kernel panics when it can't figure out the root FS (Instead of asking the user).

Also, the system requirements of Debian are incomplete, in order to install it, the user must not be epileptic, or I fear he/she will get seizures when using the retarded debian partition manager.

Today I am reminded again why I don't use Linux, and even more so why debian is the most retarded Linux distribution of them all ...