View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th November 2017
Port Guard

Thank you everyone!, my only interest is to learn how the system i falled in love works, nothing more than that, for that, i readed the faq and the Absolute OpenBSD ebook with passion, but a couple of doubts still appear from time to time, things that are obvious to some but interesting to people who, come from other operating systems. So i in no way are comparing the two implying that OpenBSD should behave the same, or that i expected it to behave like linux in any way. That different working and simplicity is part of what make me falled in love with OpenBSD also.

So as i understand, it will be best to compare the ports and base security fixes, not against the debian packages that i receive daily, but with the original cve feed instead, https://nvd.nist.gov/download/nvd-rss-analyzed.xml maybe. and as explained before, notifying the port maintainer or trying to patching and pass to the ports mailing list.

So there's no way i could get only the list of security fixes to the ports and base system without chequing the mtier release builds? i mean a list or rss, or somewhere i could check only the security fixes applyed to the ports source tree for the -stable branch instead of the -current one? maybe not a list, rss or page, but any other method will be good, maybe the updated code of the ports cvs (pointing to the -stable ports branch) in my local machine could tell me of those security fixes so i could compile those ports on my system?