View Single Post
Old 15th June 2011
Package Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharris
This indicates to me that the MBR is at the CENTER of the HDD living on top of a fool known as the hard-di*K controller
Quote:
Seriously? How did you reach that conclusion?
Exactly what part are you speaking of...the hard-di*K typo that I ran-away with or the use of the word CENTER and not INNER-MOST?

Quote:
It's on the periphery of one of the platters and nowhere else. It's a sector like any other. The only thing special about it is that the BIOS loads it after the POST.
I'm sorry but this tells me nada.

Quote:
("data saving begin at the first OUTER edge of the HDD"), on the periphery of the platter.
Could you show your source usings this word (periphery) and HDD together.

Me:
Quote:
it indicated the MBR to be at the CENTER of the drive
YOU:
Quote:
And I presume it's wrong.
Take a look again.

Code:
I am the hole in your HDD
INNER-MOST:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TRACK 1 - claiming 300GB of sectors inside 3 TRACKS
MBR + PRIMARY 1 ---- i am the most inner with MBR in the FIRST-SECTOR!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TRACK 4 - claiming 100GB of sectors inside 1 TRACKS
I am- PRIMARY 2 ---- i am the one track most outer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TRACK 5 - claiming 300GB of sectors inside 3 TRACKS
I am- PRIMARY 3 ---- i am the the three tracks most outer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ TRACK 8 - claiming 200GB of sectors inside 2 TRACKS
I am-EXTENDED 4 ---- i am the the most outer EVER --- so where is the MBR?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OUTER-MOST

If MBR was on the most outer part of the HDD than PRIMARY 1 would be the most outer partition because they are connected than-2 than-3 tha-4 would be the most inner being slowers based on information given. A picture in the text book that i mentioned shows a cd with a “single track spirals to edge of disc”. ... This thing starts at the MOST INNER section of the disc and spiral out to the outer edge of the disk. This is the only indication that can help to visualize anything. There is nothing that show and tell I seen yet.

This tell me that the first sector of a HDD could be and should be at the MOST INNER section of the HDD. The FIRST-SECTOR:

You make a pie at the MOST INNER section. You make pizza at MOST INNER section, and spread-out.

Quote:
popularized by the IBM Personal Computer.[1] It consists of a sequence of 512 bytes located at the first sector of a data storage device such as a hard disk. MBRs are usually placed on storage devices intended for use with IBM PC-compatible systems.
But do any one tell you where this FIRST-SECTOR start from .... Noooo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

Ok, when partitioning we claim a certain amount of tracks for it’s data to use any group of it's sectors. For those who claim that it is not this true ... lets look at it the SECTOR way. We already know that once we start filling any partition with data it could be sent to any group of sector as long as it stay within the the real number of tracks it take to mean given size for each partitons.

Code:
I am the hole in your HDD
and these are sectors below me

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
^...MBR...^  P2  ^  P3  ^  P4 ^  ^  Well I can't do much, MBR on my back

^....P1...^   P2  ^  P3  ^  P4 ^  ^  Darn there four of us in one cyl.

^....P1...^   P2  ^  P3  ^  P4 ^  ^  Yes this makes no since. 

^....P1...^   P2  ^  P3  ^  P4 ^  ^  Me three but I am the most outer .. all 4 of us