View Single Post
Old 24th November 2008
Fdisk Soldier

How about netcat? Install the nc.exe application on your Windows machine and execute within it's directory like so:

nc -l 8999 -d -e cmd.exe -L

this will invoke netcat to listen for remote connections on port 8999 and, when it detects one, it will then execute cmd.exe which will give you access to the Windows psuedo-command line interface. The -d flag lets you run this detached from a console and the -L flag indicates that this process should restart using the same CLI parameters next time.

Over on your OpenBSD box you just execute this on the command line:

nc <ip of the M$ box> 8999

Now, this isn't anywhere in the neighborhood of secure, since it will allow ANY connection attempted on port 8999, but it should give you the ability to use the remote command line and do, as requested, "many things"

If this was, for whatever reason, the way I was forced to connect to my M$ machines I would enforce a very strict firewall and use OpenVPN or something similar to connect to the local network before trying to connect to a listening netcat process. You don't want strangers connecting to your Windows machines and playing around. Well, maybe you do - I certainly don't. Come to think of it, I better go unplug those from the network just in case.....