View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th April 2010
Shell Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
Yes, you can use logical partitions.

IIRC device numbering starts with s5 (i.e. /dev/ad0s5). What devices do you see in /dev/? (Post output of ls /dev/ad*)

Do you want read-only access (Included in FreeBSD) or read-write access provided by ntfs-3g and/or ntfsprogs?
For normal read access a standard fstab entry with type ntfs should work.
Holy spaghetti Carpetsmoker

(I am still into food )

Can you imagine I have spent at least 60 minutes to google/doogle/froogle/loogle/woogle-whatever to find out how my XP-disks are seen from FreeBSD, to finally end up with sysinstall (an article by Dru), and now you post something as usefull as ls /dev/ad*?

Happy are the ignorant such as me

Thanks, that command shows it very clearly, so I should be able to get the stuff working now. I think I would prefer to have r/w since knowing me I am sure I will mess up this installation sooner or later, and being able to copy what I have gathered on FreeBSD to my ntfs-disks (for example the backup of config files as you have tought me) would come in handy.

So I guess I will try to mess up my box by trying to use the ntfs-3g stuff from the link I mentioned above.

Thanks again (!)

(The day will come that I will show up at your office in EHV with a box of good beer ).

ls /dev/ad* gives:

Code:
/dev/ad10       /dev/ad10s1a    /dev/ad10s1d    /dev/ad10s1f    /dev/ad6s1      /dev/ad6s5      /dev/ad6s7
/dev/ad10s1     /dev/ad10s1b    /dev/ad10s1e    /dev/ad6        /dev/ad6s2      /dev/ad6s6      /dev/ad6s8