View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th October 2012
Port Guard

Question question about updating/upgrading a port

Hello everyone,

I'm still relatively new to freebsd and I can't find the answer to one question : when I installed some ports (make install clean in the right directories) there was one that required fping as a dependency, so fping was also compiled and installed.

Before installing these ports (and fping) I read the UPDATING file where I found an info about fping ; I did exactly what was told there and everything looked good.

(Little) problem : now when I run pkg_version -v, it says :

Code:
fping+ipv6-2.4b2                    !   Comparison failed
fping-3.4                           =   up-to-date with port
If I run portmaster -a, it says it needs to reinstall fping, so I let it do that, at the end portmaster says everything was done successfully but if I run pkg_version -v again, it gives the same result.

I tried to change the config options (cd /usr/ports/net/fping && make config), added the ipv6 options, reinstalled, then removed the ipv6 option, reinstalled : no effect.

The problem doesn't look very bad to me, but still, I'm quite curious about what's wrong there with fping.

I don't know anymore where to look for, maybe the answer is simple and my research is wrong ? Thanks for any hint !

Have a nice day folks