View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgiorgio View Post
how do I pass the result of dmesg?
You can capture the output sent to STDOUT to a file via redirection. As an example:

$ dmesg > dmesg_output.txt

Cut-and-paste the file's contents into a response to this thread. Not knowing anything about your configuration, you may need to copy the file to a flash drive, & mount it in a new environment which has a browser & Internet connection before you are finished.
Quote:
I am testing in virtualbox.
The problem with virtualization software is that like any other piece of software, it will likely have bugs. Although there has been a resurgence in the virtualization market in the last few years, companies & projects building virtualization software target the largest markets -- Windows, OS/X, Linux, & perhaps Solaris. Few virtualization environments support OpenBSD, & most don't do a very good job. The OpenBSD project is also not thrilled with virtualized environments because of their bugs which adversely affects stability, security, & support.

Likewise, I don't use any virtualized software solutions, so I will not be able to help you further. Perhaps someone else with experience in using VirtualBox with OpenBSD will join this thread to help you.

Last edited by ocicat; 13th June 2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: clarity