View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th June 2010
Package Pilot

Thank you very much Carpetsmoker. I'm happy to have join your forum and I hope I will become as helpful for others as I see most of you guys are everyday. I got so much to learn before I can be sure of anything. After 16 week of being crammed with Fedora, you really don't remember things. Too much at one time, week after week, you want to try what you study (like Tripwire), but now, you got to do a 10,000000 word report about standards.

softupdates? Thanks Oko. The second thing that came up was Tuning Disks on a google search. It's now included for deeper review.

BSDfan666, could you please show me a few examples of what raw character device code looks like. I like the idea of bypassing the kernel buffer cache. Now I got a reason to recheck my Linux+ textbook, I remember reading about character and block device. School is especially good for terminology. I can build anything but never know the name of most items that I'm using. I hope to completely pin-point my problem by morning and post the results because I still see no excuse for this right now. Raw code with no flags should work nearly same for both OS I used. For now I think it's my set-up. It could be flaky by having 3-bsd's working on one another for one another and somehow detected it and got confuse. Completly dead files on another partition brought back to life somehow. I'll know by morning.