View Single Post
Old 24th June 2008
Tcpdump Spy

I do not know what wrongs were done to you by the BSDForums people in the past, I do know it all happened long before I joined and that I have no part in it, the same applies to most (If not all) of the members here.
Holding me responsible for these actions is like holding contemporary Spanish people responsible for the slaughter of the native Americans, or contemporary Italians for the invasion (and slaughter) of the Gaulish people ...

I think have explained this very clearly several times already, I think I have also backed it up by adding unix.com to the list of links and starting this thread.

I would like to be friends with all other communities and forums that are out there, including unix.com, I do not see other forums as competition but as an addition and complementary to DaemonForums, many people here (Myself included) are in fact active members of other forums.
If someone is better of posting a question at another forum then I will glad to point him/her there, the internet is more than large enough for all of us ...

Unfortunately you make it very difficult to be friends with, I have the distinct impression that no matter what I say you are convinced of my bad intent, the problem here is that there is no bad intent/feelings towards unix.com on my part.

Don't get me wrong, unix.com is your site, you pay for it, you make the rules, I respect that, but at the same time I find your actions (banning vermaden, removing links to DaemonForums, deleting my PM-box) rather unfriendly and not very sociable.

In any case, I have no hard feelings toward unix.com, but these false accusations will have to stop.