View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th January 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
But a router doesn't filter LAN activity.. all client systems can communicate with each other unconditionally.
I might forgot to mention, its the wireless network that I'm having problem with.. the users can access each others files and folders but can't access each other trough web browser using IP(ex: 192.168.0.1) everything is internal, the router is not even online yet ... The idea is simple behind this, there is like 200.000 records in mysql database of one user connected to the router. All other need to access it at the same time in order to do their work properly, so we've setup a website who is extracting that information from mysql. So the user1 having mysql database at his computer has ex: 192.168.0.5 , so all other user should access http://192.168.0.5 to get access to the web application and to collect data. User1 has installed apache, php and mysql no problem about that. Does anybody have experience with this particular router here is the same exactly configuration as on this router.
Quote:
I must ask though; why did you decide to use an embedded device like that.. when BSD can do the job quite nicely?
They were sick of tripping on the cables all the time, thats why I decided wi-fi .

thank you for your answers